(Clare Stockley, pictured here on her daughter's birthday and with Clare's father)
Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS) is a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body. Although this is the main symptom, many people with FMS also experience symptoms such as fatigue, muscle stiffness, difficulty sleeping, headaches and IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome.) In addition to this, a common symptom is “fibro-fog” – a term used to describe the way in which the condition can affect memory and concentration.
The exact cause of the condition has still not been pinpointed by scientists, but many believe it is hereditary as well as being related to abnormal levels of certain chemicals in the brain – specifically those that work with pain receptors.
Some people develop FMS after traumas such as an injury/infection, giving birth, the death of a loved one or a relationship breakdown. It often develops between the ages of 30 and 50 as well as also being more common in women.
We met up with Clare Stockley, an avid member of the Spirit of Hemp Community and a true Spirit of Hemp Life Force Hero, to hear her why she’s been speaking so highly of the brand…
Thank you for some of the wonderful feedback within our community, Clare. How did you first come to hear about us?
- I heard about Spirit of Hemp through a friend who was a member of the community group on Facebook. She invited me to join as we were both going through a similar experience with Fibromyalgia. She was suffering as badly as I was and suggested I learn a little about CBD oil. The group was fantastic, and Louise was a real help in advising me on how to get the best from the oil in terms of my condition.
What were some of the symptoms you were suffering with?
- For everyone it's different but, for me, it was the intolerable joint and muscle pain. Having also suffered two brain haemorrhages previously, my memory was really suffering. I was on a massive amount of morphine to try and help with the pain, but I felt like a zombie and I knew I needed to move away from it. I was resting all day as I was unable to sleep at night, and I was only leaving the house once a week for a roast at my Dad's. Even then, I often felt too unwell to use my mobility scooter. My doctor was very supportive of my decision to move away from the morphine.
How was your very first taste of the oil?
- The taste itself was a lot sharper than I expected so I was glad to be able to talk to Louise about it a little more and learn some of the ways she can advise to take it. She suggested I eat a little dark chocolate after the oil as both of them, as well as your brain, contain cannabinoids. These then boost each other to make the effect of both substances stronger and longer lasting. That was fine by me! I now have a nice After Eight with it each time which leaves a great minty taste.
And what dosage did you take?
- Every 12 hours works perfectly for me. With dosage, I really didn’t know what I was doing when my first bottle arrived just because I was at complete despair with my condition and was hoping for a miracle. I quickly took almost a droplet of the 10ml bottle and, as I’d hoped, it was a miracle. I felt better within 15 minutes and like a completely different person. I was actually dancing in my kitchen and began cooking a meal from scratch when my daughter walked in - it's an ongoing joke between us that she was actually a little alarmed at the massive change in my character and didn't know what had happened!
Has your dosage changed at all since then?
- I’ve stuck to my very technical “almost a droplet full” measurement as it seems to be exactly what works for my body. That amount, every 12 hours, is the way I’ve made the product work for me and I’m so delighted to have done so.
How have you felt different in yourself compared to previously before Spirit of Hemp?
- Being able to sleep and actually feel rested, as oppose to the non-restorative sleep I was getting before, is amazing! I've also come off more of my other medicines gradually which is a great feeling.
Who would you recommend Spirit of Hemp to?
- I would recommend it to anyone that is any kind of chronic pain, as I’m so glad that I found Spirit of Hemp when I did. I've managed to control my pain, improve my concentration levels, and haven’t suffered from a migraine since I started with Spirit of Hemp - for that, I call it liquid gold!